… by trying these 9 acts of kindhearted nourishment!
1. Water the life that surrounds you, whether that be a giant tree in your front yard, a beautiful garden in your backyard, or your family in the kitchen.
2. Share your knowledge with the world, or simply just with friends and family. If you read a good book, discover a new fact, pay attention in class, or just read the newspaper, you are in fact nourishing your brain. Share this nourishment with others! Spread your knowledge, it’s a very powerful thing!
3. If you are passionate about something, do that thing at least once a week if not everyday. Passion is what drives you to do your best, so follow your heart and share that passion with your loved ones and with the world!
Fact: “Recycling one aluminum can can save enough energy needed to listen to a full album on you iPod … If every American recycled just one-tenth of their newspapers, we could save about 25 million trees each year.” – DoSomething.Org
4. Recycle, as best you can! Recycling is nourishment for Planet Earth, and it’s such a small act that can go a long way, and can mean more than putting glass bottles on your curb for pickup, so be creative! At Fruitive, we lived this value by using recycled wood from a tree that fell during Hurricane Irene to build our back booth and bookshelves!
5. Smile, or better yet, laugh! Smiles are contagious, and can spread like wildfire! It’s the easiest gift of nourishment for both yourself and the people around you. Plus, smiling is the universal sign for happiness.
6. Never. Ever. Litter!
7. Consider composting. Especially if you have a garden! The EPA found that composting enriches soil, reduces or even eliminates the need for synthetic fertilizers and pesticide, and ultimately promotes a great yield of crops. And guess what, we do our part too: at Fruitive we limit our waste by recycling and sending compostable material back to local farms to nourish furture crops!
8. Be yourself! If nothing else, be true to yourself. For us at Fruitive, integrity is of utmost importance. Authenticity, transparency, quality, and heart are what make us who we are as a company, and it’s our mission to be just that!
9. Reduce and Reuse! Use reusable bags at the grocery store, reusable water bottles to stay hydrated, and recycled paper for the office fax machine. At Fruitive, we reuse our glass bottles, that’s why we have incorporated a bottle deposit for our cold-pressed juices. This way you are given incentive to recycle your empty glass bottle back to the store where you know they’ll be put to good use!