Happy Recipe Friday!
Today we are featuring the lovely Harriet Emily, founder and recipe guru of HarrietEmily.com!
Hi I’m Harriet, I am a food blogger with a passion for food that not only tastes great, but is great for you too! I believe we rely too heavily on animal products, gluten and refined sugars in our diets – which has resulted in poor health, allergies, and damage to the environment. I want to show people how to make delicious recipes, free from these foods, and learn exciting new ways to make meals using alternative, unconventional methods and plant-based ingredients. I hope to inspire you to reduce your reliance on the conventional ingredients and begin a more natural, healthy and nutritious lifestyle.
ABOUT MY BLOG & HOW I #LIVEMYHEALTH
My blog, HarrietEmily.com, is a recipe based website with the aims of providing others with mouth-watering meal inspiration using ingredients free from gluten, refined sugars and animal products. Now, I’m not going to tell you to remove them completely from your diet, as everyone’s body is different with different needs. Personally, however, as soon as I ditched the conventional ingredients, and began cooking plant-based recipes, I felt fuller, healthier and more energetic. Replacing the overused conventional foods with plant-based alternatives will not only give you a more varied diet, but also show you an easier way to increase your intake of vital nutrients and minerals, of which many of us are lacking. I hope to inspire you with my recipes, and lead you towards a more nutritious and healthier lifestyle.
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY GANACHE
This is a perfect dinner party dessert. This silky, rich, sophisticated dish is enough to impress anyone just by the taste. When you tell them this pudding is free from refined sugars and animal products, I think they might just faint! No one will be wanting a traditional sweet after tasting this. It certainly provides you with some luxurious comfort.
Chocolate & Raspberry Ganache Pots
makes 3 pots
1 cup raspberries
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/6 cup rice syrup
1/6 cup light agave nectar
1/6 cup dark agave nectar
1. Make the raspberry base by pouring the raspberries into a strong blender or nutribullet. This way the seeds will crush to a smooth consistency, and will create a thick texture, instead of being runny with seeds.
2. Pour the raspberry smoothie mix into 3 pots. Then move to the freezer to set and harden slightly.
3. In the meantime, make the ganache top by adding all of the chocolate ingredients into a pan on a low to medium heat, and stir until all the ingredients have melted, mixed in and formed a fudge like consistency.
4. Pour this mix into a bowl and move to the fridge for a few minutes to cool slightly. To pass the time, you could wash some of the equipment up to avoid the urge to eat all of the gooey chocolate!
5. When the chocolate has cooled, remove the raspberry pots from the freezer. Pour one third of the chocolate mix onto each, and top with freeze dried raspberries, cacao nibs or whatever you like to serve.