Happy Recipe Friday!
Today we are featuring Aimee, the brains behind Wallflower Girl: Homemade Life.
I’m Aimee, a food blogger from leafy Surrey in the UK. Cooking and baking are my main passions in life and through this I’ve become more mindful about what I eat. Eating a plant-based diet makes me feel good and I love the challenge of creating delicious recipes that everyone can enjoy!
RAW COCONUT & TURMERIC CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
These truffles not only taste delicious but also have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Raw, vegan & gluten-free. Makes 30.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
5 tbsp maple syrup
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup raw shredded coconut
1 – 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1. Boil a pot of water and place a heat-proof bowl on top of it to create a double boiler. Add the coconut oil to the bowl and let it slowly melt from the heat.
2. Once melted, whisk in the cocoa powder, liquid sweetener and salt until it creates a smooth, thick ganache. Place the bowl in the fridge to set for at least an hour. Placing it in the freezer will help it set faster, if you want to move things along.
3. To make the coating, simply mix the coconut and 1 tsp turmeric together in a food processor for a few seconds until the coconut is bright yellow. Add more turmeric if you want a stronger colour/taste. Transfer to a bowl.
4. When the ganache is set, it should be firm but malleable. Roll about 1 tsp of the mixture into a ball (the coconut oil will melt in your hands very easily so it can get a bit messy!) then dip it into the bowl of coconut and turmeric. Move it around and press the coating onto the truffle until it’s fully covered.
5. Place onto a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and when you’ve made all the truffles, let them set in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up before eating.
6. These truffles will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!